“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
Just want to reiterate:
"3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim."
Here you shall find: Sherlock, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Hannibal, The Avengers, animals, and a whole bunch of random shit I find amusing or just want to post. I'm asexual, 20 years old, female, and reasonably friendly... >:D If you have a question, just ask. My TARDIS phone doesn't work by the way, unless you're some creepy kid with a gas mask.
Ha’a Keaulana runs across the ocean floor with a 50 pound boulder. They do this as training to survive the massive surf waves of winter. She learned her amazing skills from her dad, legendary waterman #briankeaulana and her Grandpa, #Buffalo. I was very humbled to learn from the Hawaiians who have salt water running through their veins. Mahalo Nui Loa. Please stay tuned for our upcoming story on the Hawaiian surfing culture.
Shared of @natgeo
This is just.. Super impressive.
Share a coke with
The deep seated psychological issues your father caused you
OH MY GOD
Rory always asks the logical questions
Rory would survive a Supernatural episode
Rory would survive a Supernatural season
Rory died often enough to be part of the Supernatural family. And look, he wears plaid too
Petition to make Rory Williams an honorary Winchester